Friday, April 11, 2014

REMEMBERING WHY


Isaiah 9:6    For to us a child is born, to us a son is given…

It’s early in the Christmas season I know. But I am determined to keep a Christ-centered focus this year. This year I am memorizing a poem about Christ. It is a short poem but one I pray will help me remain focused throughout the coming days. Christmas is a season of great celebration for those who place their faith and hope in the Child of Bethlehem. When things get crazy with our holiday dinner preparation, gift buying and all the family activities I will remember Him.


     One Child Is Born

                        The darkest time in the year,
The poorest place in town,
Cold, and a taste of fear,
Man and woman alone,
What can we hope for here?

More light than we can learn,
More wealth than we can treasure,
More love than we can earn,
More peace than we can measure,
Because one child is born.

---  Christopher Fry

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?