Monday, October 13, 2014

CRUCIFIED IN ORDER TO LIVE


Galatians 2:19-21      For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

A Christian life is in harmony with our nature, with who God created us to be.

A woman who was thoughtful and intelligent and not a Christian, but who had the deepest interest for truth and that which is right, asked: “How can this be that Christ lives in me when I have died? If this is true, don’t I lose my individuality? This could only destroy my personality, and it violates our responsibility as individuals.”

The answer to such an inquiry is that your personality is only half of what it should be without Christ. Christ was made for you, and you were made for Christ. Until you meet Him, you are not complete. You need Him to become the full person that God intends you to be.

Imagine a gas line going into a stove. Suppose the gas says that if I unite with the pilot light” then I will lose my individuality. But the truth is that when the gas meets the fame it becomes what it was intended to be. Only when combined does the gas fulfill its very purpose for being.

Suppose a snowflake says it will not fall to the ground because it will lose its unique individual nature. The truth is that when it falls to the ground it becomes what God intended, the nourishment for grass, river life and flowers. Unless it unites with the ground it, too, will not fulfill its purpose.

When a person comes to Christ he or she will gain more than what they might think they will lose. It is God’s plan for you that you be lost in Christ in order to be found by God and fulfill your life purpose for His glory.

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?