Tuesday, December 20, 2011

THE NIGHT BEFORE ETERNITY



Luke 12:19-21    I’ll say to myself, “you have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” But God said… “You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?” This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.

 


It was the night before Jesus, and all through the house, not a creature was praying, not one in the house. Their bibles were laid on the shelves without much care, in the hopes that Lord Jesus would not soon come by there. The children were dressing to crawl into bed, not once ever kneeling or bowing their heads. And mom in her rocker with baby in grasp, was watching the Late Show, while I took a nap.

When out of the East there arose such a clatter, I sprang to my feet to see what’s the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutters and threw up the sash! When what to my wondering eyes should appear, angels proclaiming that Jesus was now here. With a light like the sun sending forth a bright ray, I knew in a moment that this was The Day!

The light of Christ’s face made me cover my head, it was Jesus returning just like He said. And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth, I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself. In the Book of Life, which He held in His hand, were written the saved from every land. The people whose names had been written with love, Christ gathered to take to God’s Kingdom above.

In the words of this poem the meaning is clear, the coming of Jesus is now drawing near. There’s only one life and when comes the last call, we will find that the Bible was true after all.

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?