Monday, December 26, 2011

FAITH NEEDS YOUR WORK



James 2:18-19      Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that – and shudder.

The story is told of a farmer whose harvest of corn was unusually large. All the bins of his barns were full. He was a Christian and would often pray. He prayed for the poor and needy, “O God, I pray that their wants will be supplied.”

One day an impoverished man who had several children asked the farmer for a bagful of corn, but the farmer said he didn’t have any to spare.

The next morning the farmer’s daughter heard him pray again for the poor and needy. She said to him, “Daddy, I wish I had your corn.” He surprisingly asked “Why do you say that?” She said, “If I had your corn, I’d use it to answer your prayers.”

Many people pray, “O God, I pray that somehow my neighbor will have the plan of salvation explained to him.” Others pray that the single mom down the street will have all her needs met. Why don’t you simply go and knock on their door and do the explaining or the helping.

May God move us to live out our faith with deeds and works that bring the light of Christ to those closest to us.

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?