Saturday, January 14, 2017

YOUR SELF-WORTH

YOUR SELF-WORTH

Working at Waste Management on the annual budget I experienced a dramatic failure. After hours of work with four other staff we lost all our work on the computer when I tripped and kicked the power cord out of the wall. The computers went dark. The darkness of the moment overwhelmed me. I felt a tremendous flood of failure overwhelm me. I felt I let others down. I felt all our efforts were wasted. I felt incompetent. I believed the angry words voiced at me by the group. I acknowledged their “stinkin’ thinkin’” to myself. I had let my ability to produce determine my self worth.

What led up to that moment in my life were years of learning how to value others and be valued by what I do. Simple inabilities were shown to be defects in by ability to do anything. Simple misunderstandings were taught to me as deficiencies in by knowledge or ability to learn. If could not measure up to the impossible standards of others, then I believed I was of no value or worth to others or myself.

Causes of low Self-Worth include:
Neglect: Children are taught the wrong things by the actions of neglecting adults.
“I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Joshua 1:5
Failures: Was Moses a failure?
Failure is something we do, it is not something we are.
“I can do all things through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13 

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?