Friday, January 6, 2017

BEING FOUND IN CHRIST

BEING FOUND IN CHRIST

Matthew 14:25-33 "Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him.

"The local sheriff had decided to tighten the requirements for deputies. So the deputies gathered to try their hand at hitting the target at the increased distance. Each man had 18 seconds to get off 12 shots. The best shot in the area...had been fitted with his first pair of trifocal glasses. Suddenly, as he told me later, 'I began to perspire...There I was with a bead drawn on the target and all I could see was fog. Then I remembered what our old navy instructor had taught us: "If you ever lose sight of the target, just remember your position." ‘So,' my friend said, 'I just held my position and pulled the trigger...When I took off my glasses and wiped them, I saw that I had hit the bulls-eye every time.'
There are times when, for some reason, we lose sight of our target-which is to glorify our Lord. The world is too much with us. Tears blur our vision. Unexplained tragedy raises questions that cannot be answered and shakes our faith to its foundations. Then we remember our position, for a Christian's position is "in Christ." Though we may not see the target through the fog, if we just "remember our position", we won't miss."

Our focus at all times and in all places is to be on Jesus Christ. How would he respond? What would he say or do? In faith we can step out and live as he has told us to live. Without that focus we will flounder. We will hesitate and doubt. But with the proper focus we “can do everything through him who gives [us] strength.” (Philippians 4:13)

Prayer: Jesus, enable me to remain focused on you. Do not let me be distracted by unbelievers of this world who neither know you nor believe that you exist. Make yourself my all in all. Amen.

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?