Saturday, November 12, 2016

GOD’S PLEDGE

GOD’S PLEDGE

Isaiah 14:24        
The Lord of hosts has sworn: “As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand.

             There are times in the Bible where God declares his purposes and plans in the form of an oath. To fulfill these promises, he obligates himself by using the testimony and character of his own name as the standard and seal of authority.

            Sometimes we lose the significance of oaths and covenants in our day of broken contracts and compromised settlements. It’s hard to trust anyone because of sinful deceits and motivations. But there’s one thing you can trust. You can bank on the promises and purposes of God in light of his pledge to himself. He swears to fulfill them by His own character. And there’s nothing greater than this.

            Think of the integrity behind God’s plans toward us. A passage like Jeremiah 29:11-13 serves a s a good example, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.” From this context, God’s people in captivity learned of the Lord’s great hope and bright plans for them. And behind these plans was his great purpose – a fulfilling personal relationship. But what gave God the right to guarantee this promise? What enabled him to ensure this oath? It was his pledge of personal integrity. His commitment to his own honor guarantees the fulfillment of his promises to us.


            Just think – all the promises that God gives in his Word to help and to restore us with hope are backed by his integrity and sworn testimony. If he promises it, it will come to pass! Why? The honor of his name is at stake when he makes it! That’s powerful.

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?