Wednesday, October 5, 2016

THE BURDEN OF FALSE BELIEFS

THE BURDEN OF FALSE BELIEFS

Romans 12:2       
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.


Our beliefs have physical, emotional and spiritual consequences. When we hold on to these beliefs we find ourselves committed to a life of physical exhaustion, emotional instability and burn-out? Think about it.

I am responsible for the success of my career, marriage or ministry.
I need to earn God’s approval by working hard, giving everything, and expending myself. It’s my job to fix everything and everyone. Every need is a need I must meet. My identity is eclipsed by my marriage or job. Asking for help is a sign of weakness. People will love and accept me if I am perfect in their eyes. My worth is based on how hard I work and the praises I receive. Whatever I do, it won’t be enough. When I am liked or needed, I have value. I can’t trust anyone else to do it right.

It is tiring to just read those words isn’t it? I know firsthand that changing this “stinking thinking” can take time, tears and persistence. The Bible teaches us that meaning in life, peace of mind and life fulfillment is available to us. It is not a mirage. It’s not a lie. But you will have to make some changes in your beliefs.

            Start with this. “In the beginning, God….” are the four opening words of Genesis. Everything begins with him. Life begins with God. So remember that your success in life and the transformation of your beliefs comes from Him. That is good news for me, and for you! Do you believe it?


Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?