Monday, February 22, 2016

ALL THE PIECES

Proverbs 23:26-27          My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways. For a prostitute is a deep pit; an adulteress is a narrow well.

            A boy once said to God, “I’ve been thinking, and I know what I want when I become a man.” He proceeded to give God his list: to live in a big house with two German Shepherds and a garden…marry a blue-eyed, tall, beautiful woman…have three sons – one who will be a senator, one a scientist, and one a quarterback. He also wanted to be an adventurer who climbed tall mountains…and to drive a red Porsche.

            As it turned out, the boy hurt his knee one day while playing football. He no longer could climb trees, much less mountains. He married a beautiful and kind woman, who was short with brown eyes. Because of his business, he lived in a city apartment, took cabs and rode subways. He had four loving daughters, and they adopted a black puppy. One daughter became a nurse, another a writer, the third a teacher and the fourth a social worker.

            One morning the man awoke and remembered his boyhood dream. He became extremely depressed, so depressed that he became very ill. Close to death from a broken heart, he called out to God, “Remember when I was a boy and told You all the things I wanted? Why didn’t You give me those things?”

            “I could have,” said God, “but I wanted to make you happy.”

            Remember, God wants the best for each of us. Trust Him with your whole heart – He’s the original heart surgeon. God can heal a broken heart, but he has to have all the pieces.


Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?