Saturday, September 5, 2015

IF YOU DON’T ASK, YOU WON’T GET



Psalm 17:7-9        Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings from the wicked who assail me, from my mortal enemies who surround me.

A psalm of lament

You have answered me, having heard the earnest prayer of your son who had been lost to himself but is now found by you. In you I sought fulfillment, peace, meaning, contentment; and in you I have found refuge in this storm filled world.

In your image I stand and reflect the vision you have for your creation. As an apple is reflected in one’s eye, I stand as a reflection of your mercy, goodness and love. I am your image in an imageless world. I am your image in a world of false images. All around me is a world of enemies for they do not acknowledge you. Enemies of all sorts surround those who seek purity and truth.

               The enemies refuse to hear or see the love revealed in Christ and reject what is offered in peace. Arrogantly they reject as interfering the concern that takes form in your servant.

               With desires set on their own stability and control, they seek to remove any remnant that confronts and convicts their senses of the lies that they believe and live. Enemies want to muzzle the messenger as he brings the truth of the battle’s victory and their own loss. Defeated they cower behind lies and man-made systems that elevate the things of man above the things of God. Institutions, programs, systems, structures, governments, agencies stand to do their god's will, man's will.

               Hungry to show their own image as strong and godly in its ability to devour enemies they await in positions of power to redirect the lambs to slaughter. In the dark of night they hide awaiting the lamb.

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?