Sunday, July 12, 2015

A HEART

Prov. 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. 

Give me a heart, dear heavenly Father, 
a heart that’s free of all self-will, 
a heart obedient to thy counsel, 
that gladly thy commands fulfills. 

Give me a heart prepared to practice 
true self-denial at any time, 
a heart that loves its enemies, 
assured of glories yet to come. 

Give me a heart of sympathy 
for every person mired in sin, 
that guides them toward the Father’s land, 
embraces them, and takes them in. 

Give me a heart that hankers not 
for worldly pleasures, selfish ends, 
a heart that loves the poor, and so 
forgets itself, a hand to lend. 

Give me a heart that pays no heed 
to threats or scorn or ridicule, 
that keeps faith always with its God, 
though blamed, despised, or called a fool. 

A heart like thine, that lives for God – 
would such a heart be given to me! 
O Jesus, take me and all my gifts: 
I’ll find this heart alone in thee. 

Poem: A Heart, By Eberhard Arnold

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?