Friday, August 22, 2014

GET THE RIGHT HELPER



Psalm  27:7-9             Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper.

A psalm of confidence

Unless you wait on God to orchestrate your recovery, you will not experience the benefit of his power. You will receive the benefit of your own power; the same power that got you to where you are today.

It is a wise person who places his trust in someone more able and more equipped than himself. I would never try to fix a blown head gasket in my car. My skill is not with engines and mechanical things. If I tried to fix the problem I would create more work for myself and probably break something else in the process. If I were smart, I would find someone who is skilled at engine repair and can show me the proof of his ability.

When we have problems with addiction, anger, or people, who better to go to than someone who has fought these battles and has overcome them. If I really want to get these things fixed, I best find someone other than myself to help me. Wise counselors can inform us and guide us. They get help us see the work needed to find wholeness and recovery in life.

           God is ever present to help. He stands by our side as we struggle to fix the problem ourselves. He will wait on us. In time if we call out to Him he will respond. He is patient with us as we blindly try to fix that which only He can fix in us. 

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?