Friday, May 3, 2013

SECOND OPPORTUNITIES


“Since I have been at Jericho Road, I have been able to work towards getting my driver’s license back, pay off debts, and get prescription eyeglasses. Part of my program requires that I do community service at the ministry thrift store. This has given me a chance to socialize with people. I am thankful for that because I have been an isolated person from society. I’m beginning to get an understanding of what I want out of life and it’s a good feeling for me. I have managed to get a part time job and establish a bank account of my own. I like my job and the people I work with. I think they will hire me full time when my program allows it.”  Terry H.

            Terry is one of our clients. Living in the woods and in vacant buildings began to take its toll on Terry. Since coming to Jericho Road Ministries, Terry has taken advantage of our New Life Program classes. With the guidance of staff, Terry has progressed to working outside the Mission and looks forward to eventually having his own apartment, full time employment and a vehicle to drive to work. When he accomplishes these goals, he will have accomplished a goal that is today offered to other men and women desiring a new and fresh start in life.

            Clients like Terry would never have a second opportunity in life if it were not for your support. Your support helps not just provide these material needs, but allows our staff to share the love of Jesus Christ with these people. Many accept Christ as their Savior while at our Mission. Thank you for helping these clients to know Christ and the goodness of His love.

Ministry Scenes

Have The Homeless Become Invisible?